OxygenOS 3.5.5 update brings VoLTE support and more for OnePlus 2
OnePlus 2 owners are now receiving a new update in the form of Oxygen OS 3.5.5. The update is still based on Android Marshmallow, and as promised by OnePlus, adds VoLTE support for the phone. With the addition of VoLTE, now OnePlus 2 owners can make HD quality voice calls over LTE data networks (Jio in India) without the need of any third party apps.
Apart from VoLTE support the update also brings new features like app lock, battery saving mode, gaming mode, new alert slider options and a new redesigned volume adjustment bar. It also includes bug fixes, shelf optimizations, increased system stability and Android security patch for December.
Here’s the full list of changes from OnePlus:
- Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers
- Added App Lock
- Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More )
- Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options )
- Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider.
- Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
- Shelf Optimizations
- Updated OxygenOS UI
- Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app
- Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16
- Increased System Stability
- General Bug Fixes
However, OnePlus on its forum noted a few important things OnePlus 2 owners should keep in mind, when upgrading to OxygenOS 3.5.5
- Clock, Calculator and Messages will be REPLACED by stock OnePlus apps if you have never updated the corresponding Google apps. But you can download these apps from Google in the Play Store even after the replacement.
- Many of the phone settings will be restored to default after upgrading to 3.5.5, for instance device name, ring tones, accent colours and status bar battery indication will all be reverted to default settings.
- After updating to 3.5.5, basic functions like WiFi connectivity, Network and Fingerprint might be affected if users flash back to 3.1.0. Users will have to use a special 3.1.0 downgrading version and flashing tool that will wipe all data from the phone. You should backup if you want to revert to older versions from 3.5.5 without losing data.
The Oxygen OS 3.5.5 update is being rolled out in a phased manned, which means it will reach to a small number of users initially. A broader rollout is expected over the coming days. The update size is about 1.2GB.